Supporters have until midnight on Wednesday to be in with a chance to become part of Charlton Athletic history as the club looks to launch its first ever e-sports team for the 2020/21 season.
Ahead of our E-Sports Day when we take on Wigan Athletic on October 17th, we are giving all fans a chance to enter into the Charlton Athletic E-Sports Tournament. This will be a knockout tournament running between October 12th-14th, with our initial E-sports XI chosen from entrants into the Tournament.
The scope of the tournament is as follows:
· Every player entering must have already have a copy of FIFA 21
· At this time, entry will only be open to those playing on a PS4 console
· The size of the tournament will be decided by the number of entries. The more entries we get, the more chances you’ll get to play
· Each player must play as a five-star team of their choice. This is to level the playing field as much as possible
· Each game will last five minutes a half
The tournament will be run by Virtual Pro Gaming (VPG) on behalf of Charlton Athletic.
From throughout the tournament, VPG will choose an initial eleven players who will be asked to represent the club. However, we will be hosting more trials and applications throughout the season, so if you miss your chance now, there will be more opportunities later on.
To enter the tournament, you will need to satisfy the following criteria:
· Have pre-ordered or will have downloaded FIFA 21 upon the start date of the tournament
· Have a valid gamertag
· Have downloaded the VPG app, created an account and have received a VPG tag
We’ve got some incredible prizes on offer for those who get to the final stages, including:
· Free streaming pass for the Charlton Athletic v Wigan game for the Semi-Finalists
· A signed crowdie of a first team player for the two finalists
· A personal message from a first-team player and the chance to play them 1v1 later in the year
For your chance to enter, simply fill in our form by clicking here.