Charlton Athletic Community Trust (CACT) is offering free Volunteer Walk Leader Training, taking place on Thursday 19th October.
The Volunteer Walk Leader Training Course is a free one day course for anyone who is interested in leading walks for Greenwich Get Walking! Walking for Health scheme, including front, middle and back markers.
Walking for Health is part of England's largest network of health walk schemes, helping all kinds of people lead a healthier lifestyle
By the end of the course you will:
- Understand what Walking for Health is about
- Understand the benefits of walking and physical activity
- Get to know the role of the Walk Leader.
- Information on mental health and learning disabilities
- Have access to follow up support and resources to help people make the most of your skills, including a Volunteer Walk Leader manual
- Be confident to lead a Health Walk in due course (following the guidance that goes with the progress card)
- Have met and shared best practice with other Walk Leaders.
Tea and Coffee is provided but you will need to bring Lunch.
Wear suitable clothing and footwear as you will be taking part in a short demonstration Health Walk.
For more information or to book a place contact Ollie Golding on 07972668657 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org