Please see below an update from the club's Fan Advisers Lucy Bishop and Lewis Catt, which was posted on their Twitter handle (CAFCFanAdviser) on Tuesday morning.
Yesterday afternoon we were able to have a brief discussion over Zoom with Thomas Sandgaard regarding some concerns that we as supporters have at the current time. He gave us the below updates…
• Methven Takeover - This takeover did not materialise due to the interested parties exclusivity period ending and agreements not being met. Thomas is aware of Charlie Methven’s statement to the South London Press but will not make any further comment at this time.
• Plan B - Thomas informed us that he was surprised that the “Plan B” statement taken from Richard Cawley’s article in the South London Press last week was taken as a headline. The plan remains to be searching for investment in the football club.
• Marc Spiegel - Following an article published by The Athletic today, Thomas informed us that American businessman Marc Spiegel is one of many people interested in investing in the football club.
• Peter Storrie - Thomas Sandgaard confirmed that Peter Storrie would be joining the club in the role of CEO. The appointment of Peter is decision made by Thomas and not that of any potential incoming owner. Peter will be responsible for the day to day running of the club.
• Dean Holden - Thomas confirmed to us that he is keen to see Dean Holden remain in position beyond the expiry of his current contract which ends at the end of the season. Discussions are ongoing with Dean’s agent, but Thomas is hopeful an agreement can be reached soon.
Whilst we appreciate this is a brief update, we will be meeting next week for a more in-depth discussion. There were time constraints involved yesterday as Thomas is travelling back to Denmark to plan and attend the funeral of his mother who sadly passed away last Thursday.
We will of course update supporters again following that meeting.