WOMEN'S REPORT | Charlton 2 Liverpool 2

The Addicks moved off the bottom of the Championship table on Sunday thanks to Charley Clifford’s 90th minute equaliser against Liverpool in blizzard-like conditions at Hayes Lane.

Charlton now sit 10th in the league table and will look to push on from here to continue to climb up the league.

The Addicks started off the game well, not allowing Liverpool to have any meaningful efforts at goal. Charlton did well to frustrate Liverpool, and just eight minutes in the Addicks had an excellent chance.

Jess King slipped the ball through to Elisha Sulolo whose effort just skimmed the side netting, just a minute later Eartha Cumings did brilliantly to burst off her line and thwart Thestrup and collect the ball.

Charlton had a superb chance in the 12th minute, Ella Rutherford pulled the ball back for Sulola whose strike was deflected to King in the box, but the striker was deemed to be offside.

The Addicks got their goal on 19 minutes. Grace Coombs fed the ball through to King who did well to control the ball past a Liverpool player a drill it across goal for Shauna Vassell to tap in.

The visitors almost got an equaliser in the 26th minute after a mix-up in defence saw a Liverpool striker through on goal, but Rachel Newborough put in an excellent sliding challenge to prevent a chance at goal.

Liverpool hit the woodwork late on in the first half, Kearns effort from 20-yards bounced off the crossbar and Cumings was there to parry away the follow up.

The visitors ramped up the pressure in the second half, with Cumings forced to make some outstanding saves to keep the Addicks in it.

After defending valiantly in treacherous conditions for a majority of the second half, the Addicks conceded with 15 minutes left on the clock as Ashley Hodson drilled the ball across goal for Rachel Furness to convert at the back post.

With two minutes left, Liverpool got their second. Another cross from Hodson saw Holland put the Reds in front.

The Addicks pushed for an equaliser and their efforts were rewarded when Sulola was hacked down in the area.

Clifford made no mistake from the spot and sent Rachael Laws the wrong way to earn a point for the Addicks.

The last bit of play of the afternoon saw Cumings tip a powerful effort around the post. Charlton cleared the resulting corner and the whistle was blown for full-time.

The Addicks travel to Sheffield United next week with the aim of becoming unbeaten in three.

Charlton: Cumings, Newborough, Griffiths, Smith, Coombs, King (Godden 84), Sampson (Watling 69), Rutherford (Plewa 84), Vassell (Clifford 69), Sulola, Heuchan

Subs (not used): Lumsden, Dunbar-Bonnie, Fordjour, Eligon, Lloyd-Smith

Goals: Vassell 19, Clifford (pen) 90

(Report by Chloe Pizzey)

(Photos: Keith Gillard)

Read Time: 3 mins