Ahead of Charlton’s home match against Oldham Athletic on Saturday, the Addicks have had a busy week both on and off the training field.
On Wednesday evening, the club announced the loan signing of Stephy Mavididi from Arsenal. The 19-year-old joins the club for the second time in as many seasons, having spent two months in SE7 last term and the beginning of this campaign at Championship side Preston North End.
The England youth international - who could make his second Charlton debut on Saturday - spoke to Valley Pass about his return and how he hopes to build on his previous stint at the club, which ended prematurely due to injury.
Manager Karl Robinson expressed his delight at the re-signing of the Arsenal forward in his pre-match press conference, ahead of the Oldham clash, and confirmed he is in contention to start the game.
The manager also commented on the January transfer window, the takeover rumours surrounding the club and sang the praises of Joe Aribo, outlining the effort the young midfielder has put in recently to improve himself. Watch the boss’ press conference in full by clicking here
Mavididi enjoyed his first day of training back at Sparrows Lane on Thursday where the Charlton squad were working hard in preparation for Saturday’s game, despite extreme winds.
Can’t make it to the game on Saturday? Valley Pass members can listen to live commentary from the match against Oldham, as the Addicks look to record their first win of 2018.
Quick-fire highlights from the match will be available to view from midnight - just hours after the full-time whistle - plus extended highlights will be released at midday on Sunday.
A matchday pass for Valley Pass gives you 48 hours access for just £4. So, if you were to buy at midday on Friday that would include:
- This week’s episode of Behind The Scenes at the Training Ground
- Thursday morning’s pre-match press conference with Karl Robinson in full
- Live audio commentary of Saturday’s game against Oldham Athletic
- Full post-game reaction from Saturday’s game
- Highlights of the Oldham game from 12midnight following the game
- Extended highlights of the Oldham game from 12noon on Sunday
As well as that, you’ll have access to the full Valley Pass archive for 48 hours which dates back to the 1940s and contains more than 1,500 Charlton videos including:
- The fascinating Day in the Life of Karl Robinson mini-film
- A mini-feature on our International Bright Young Things Ezri Konsa and Jay Dasilva
- Feature interviews with Charlton heroes including Johnnie Jackson, Alan Curbishley, Lee Bowyer and Keith Peacock
- Every one of the now weekly Behind the Scenes At The Training Ground videos
- Every competitive Charlton goal from the last 25 years
- Highlights from this season of the U23s, U18s and women’s team
Alternative packages include an annual subscription for £60 (which equates to 17p per day) or a monthly subscription of £6 per month.
Article by Matt Wise