What are the most goals that new signing Billy Clarke has scored in one game before… it’s a lot!
You may not know that Billy used to play for Ireland’s U21s, or that he’s first professional goal came against Peterborough United, or that he was a League Two champion in 2009.
Take a look at these five facts to find out more about our first signing of the summer!
- Moving away: Billy moved over from Ireland when he was just a teenager to have trials at English clubs. He joined Ipswich and spent a few years in their academy before going on to play for their first team in the Championship at the age of 17!
- Goals, goals, goals: Billy spent some time on loan at Darlington when he was younger and when he was there he played in a crazy game! They were away at Macclesfield and he scored four goals against them in a 6-0 win! Can you think of any other players that have scored four goals in a game before?
- Beat the boss: Our Manager Karl Robinson was very pleased to sign Billy. He knew a lot about him because last season he scored the winning goal against him when Karl was in charge of MK Dons!
- Keeping it consistent: Billy has scored 14 goals in two separate seasons in his career. He got 14 for Crawley in 2012/13 and then did the same from Bradford in 2014/15 – hopefully he can do the same for us this season!
- Key contributor: Only one player made more key passes in League One than Billy did last season. He’s at his best when the ball is at his feet, so we need to made sure we give it to him!