Karl Robinson sat down with the local media on Thursday morning to preview Charlton’s home game against MK Dons on Saturday.
The manager talked about the game, team news the feeling at The Valley, the potential returns of Harry Lennon, Lewis Page and Jason Pearce
Scroll below to read five talking points from the Manager’s pre-MK Dons press conference…
On Milton Keynes Dons
"My time at MK Dons was an amazing time for me and my family. I've got some great memories from my time there that I'll never forget."
On team news
"We have got players who aren't fit. We are a little bit disappointed about that. So yes we have got one or two players missing but that is part and parcel of the industry.
"But the others have trained well and the group are in a good place."
On players returning from injury
“The Swansea game in the Cup (Checkatrade Trophy) brings a lot of targets for Harry Lennon, Lewis Page and Jason Pearce.
“It would be nice to put three of them into a back four for that game. They’re all moving forward and getting fitter and looking sharp.
“Yesterday, Harry Lennon hit the fastest pace of the season in one of his testing modules so that was pleasing.”
On Leon Best
“We’re sitting down having conversations with him - we’ll keep that internal. We’re watching the QPR game back with him and we like what we see.”
On the feeling at The Valley
“It’s a completely different Valley they (MK Dons) are coming to here. The fans will make sure they know it’s a different Valley. I think when that whistle goes on Saturday, the board members, the fans, the players that played here last year (with MK Dons) – I don’t think they’ll recognise the place. They’ll recognise the great stadium and the people within the building but they won’t recognise that atmosphere. The place is a great place to play at the moment, we really adore going there, we really do."
A matchday pass for Valley Pass gives you 48 hours access for just £4. So if you were to buy for this weekend that would include:
- Behind The Scenes At The Training Ground from yesterday
- This morning’s press conference with Karl Robinson in full
- Live audio commentary of tomorrow’s game against MK Dons
- Full post-game reaction from tomorrow’s game
- Highlights of the MK Dons game from 12midnight
- Extended highlights of the MK Dons game from 12noon on Sunday
As well as that you’ll have access to the full Valley Pass archive for 48 hours which dates back to the 1940s and contains more than 1,500 Charlton videos including:
- The fascinating Day in the Life of Karl Robinson mini-film
- A mini-feature on our International Bright Young Things Ezri Konsa and Jay Dasilva
- Feature interviews with Charlton heroes including Johnnie Jackson, Alan Curbishley, Lee Bowyer and Keith Peacock
- Every one of the now weekly Behind the Scenes At The Training Ground videos
- Every Charlton goal of the last 25 years
- Highlights from this season of the U23s, U18s and women’s team
Alternative packages include an annual subscription for £60 (17p per day) or a monthly subscription of £6.