Kind-hearted supporters donated more than 150 Christmas presents through the Charlton Athletic Giving Tree last December and the initiative is now back.
Some families within the Royal Borough of Greenwich will struggle to buy even a small gift for their children this year, which is where The Valley’s tree in main reception comes in.
The idea is that, while picking up your presents for friends and family, you grab an extra gift for a child who might not get the Christmas your own loved ones enjoy.
We will then give these gifts to local disadvantaged children so that they have something to open on Christmas Day.
How does it work?
- Head to the Charlton Athletic Giving Tree located in the main West Stand reception at The Valley
- Choose a boy's or girl's tag, which will also show an age
- Have fun selecting an appropriate gift from local stores
- Bring the unwrapped gift into main West Stand reception and give it to our receptionist
- If you want to, take a picture and share with your friends via social media to help us to support local children
- Enjoy the warm feeling from making a child's Christmas special
What happens next?
Labels are available to collect now. Please make sure you drop your gift off by 5pm on Friday, December 22nd, so the presents can be wrapped in time to be given to the children of south east London and hopefully give them a little reason to smile this Christmas.
Thank you for helping to make a difference and please contact Charlie.email@example.com if you have any questions.
Due to heightened security in the capital at this time, we would ask supporters not to wrap their gifts before bringing them to The Valley. Any pre-wrapped gifts will need to be unwrapped and then re-wrapped before being given to local children.